Tuesday, August 26, 2008

time warp....

there i was...sitting in the train...returning from a much awaited...most anticipated journey...and there i was...back in manipal...yet i wondered (like i alwayz do)
i am here...and still...my heart hasnt yet made that fateful journey across states...across borders...i chuckled silently how the law of physics and inertia never works for me when i need it the most...somting to snap me bak into the current affairs of time...1 day...it will...and will hit me hard....
have u ever felt that u needed to do somthing or u were somwhere else when uve ben in the same place for a very long time... :) ....
if we can manage to cage our past...why cant we ever entrap our future..that too..is time...isnt it?
i was talkin to my friend mike...and he asked what wud i ask from god..if i was granted a wish....i told him i wanted to fly...to be free....
all of us are slaves....our human nature is such that makes us fall into such shackles....some of us are slaves of other people...some of us are slaves of weaknesses....AND some of us....are slaves of time....
i was walking through a road from the movie hall back to my hostel...alone...and i realized...this is the very same road i walked wit so many people...some good...some not so good....and what was so different about tat day...i chose to walk alone...the roads wer terrible as it alwayz were...the cows still roamed the land...yet..in my solitude...my memories gave me company...time warp...even though i was alone....i was NEVER exactly alone...
i alwayz believe that the best way to know about life is to ask a loner...coz he neither is a friend...neither is he a foe...and by the time were 30 tryin to learn how to change diapers...he must have reached a near spiritual state due to keen observation skills and the knack for patience...
i tried the same....seperated myself from the world...gave up the so called friends to seek a life i dint knw...at first i was all alone...no1 to help me..no1 to love me...i cudnt control the uncontrollable silence and sadness that swept through me..all of a sudden...the world had become quieter place to me...
and then...1 day...i decided to go out...this life of solitude wasnt for me...yet...
and then...i realized...the silence i had ben grievin about was the most beautiful thing god ever gave me...coz..to others it was silence...to me...it was the answers to some of the questions i always seemed to have...yet never heard it...coz i was muddled wit the worldly ways of living...

and today...when i am my most productive..when im alone..the world doesnt let me...and to that question....i still havent found an answer to....

3 comments:

Shashank Shekhar said...

very well written..n truly life has got lot more if we just take a pause from our normal lives and just be wid ourselves..u are a different person..maybe a better person..
way to go simran :-)

Mayuri said...

i agree with u on this one....smtimes evn i wanna jst let go of all my "friends" and have time to introspect..nothin beats that i think....smtimes spendin tym with urself is the best thing u cn do...

peter said...

not sometimes I guess most of the times when u wish for the tranquility ..u have to sit alone or be alone..!
u have to realize what all things are important who all people are important (at least I do that way)

a very nice post there..I guess I vil visit again !!

happy blogging !